A complete listing of events taking you all the way through Christmas.  We will be updating frequently and invite you to add anything that you are attending that we may have missed!  'Tis the season!!

CHRISTMAS PAST: Celebration of Christmas Past from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15 and Thursday, Dec. 2, Dec. 9, Dec. 16, at the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort, 3000 Marion County Road, Weirsdale.  (750-5500 or fcmr.org)

SANTA ON THE SQUARE: Visit Santa form 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Dec. 2 through Dec. 21, on the downtown square, Ocala. (368-5550 or  www.ocalafl.org)

FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: Silver Springs 18th Annual Festival of Lights dusk to 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3 and Dec. 10 and Saturday Dec. 4 and Dec. 11 and daily Dec. 17 through Dec. 25 and Dec. 26 and Dec. 31. Silver Springs Nature Park, 5656 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala. (236-2121)

Marion Ballet Theatre's Nutcracker: This all familiar classic ballet celebrates the jolliness of the Holiday Season and creates the perfect opportunity for your family to gather and share in a magical experience.

$20 per adult, (children attend for a reduced fee) Call (352) 629-6155 for more info. Dec. 10 - 19th at Ocala Civic Theatre.

TRAINS AT THE HOLIDAYS: Trains at the Holidays opens Dec. 15 and runs through Dec. 30, at the Webber Center Gallery of the Ocala Campus, 3001 S.W. College Road. Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. The gallery is closed Sundays and Mondays.  Opening reception will be  from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 18. Closed Dec. 24 and Dec. 25. (873-5809)

CAROLERS: Wings of Faith Carolers from 7 to 9 p.m. Dec. 15, on the downtown square, Ocala. (629-8444)

A Christmas with Santa, an event for children in special needs, will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 18, at the Ocala Hilton, 2600 s.W. 36th Ave., Ocala. (425-0385)

The Central Florida Master Choir will perform its Christmas at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 19, Dunnellon Presbyterian Church, 20641 Chestnut St., Dunnellon. (http://www.cfmasterchoir.com/)

Cross Point Church Christmas Eve service from 6:45 to 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 24, on the downtown square, Ocala. (208-9959)

Many thanks to Jenny Goodson for compiling these events!

Views: 1267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay so I spoke to the owners here is a number to reach them... 352 728 2913
Cottoms farm Christmas lights start on turkey day till Christmas night.
hay rides are 12/11 12/18 and 12/24 starting at 6pm all 3 nights
Santa will be there with Ms. Clause on Christmas eve at 6
There isn't an actual address but she is faxing me a map. I will scan it and upload it to here.
There are some other activities they have she is faxing me the information here to my job.

Parents won't be let down this is a very exciting enchanting little place. Very beautiful! And the story just makes it have just that bit of wow to it as well.

I take my boys every year and they just love it.
Tresa, thanks so much - we appreciate all the information!

Tresa L Frick said:
There isn't an actual address but she is faxing me a map. I will scan it and upload it to here.
There are some other activities they have she is faxing me the information here to my job.

Parents won't be let down this is a very exciting enchanting little place. Very beautiful! And the story just makes it have just that bit of wow to it as well.

:) They don't do any special promo they are busy every year with hundreds who learn of their event by word of mouth she told me last year that everyone they have come has come from learning about this place from people who go and share with others where and when they do their thing. Last year they had 5 trucks with massive trailers for the hay rides. Stop at handy way and get a coffee or cappuccino so ya dont freeze and you can enjoy it with some hot stuff. (thats what I always do) Hot cocoa for the children capp for the mommy and off we go. :)

Chris Wagner said:
Tresa, thanks so much - we appreciate all the information!

Tresa L Frick said:

these are photos of the info she sent me about cottoms farms events times dates directions from both lady lake area and i put the directions from the north side.
SANTA'S VISITING HOURS AT PADDOCK MALL: Santa will be available Nov. 13 – Dec. 12 on Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. From Dec. 13-19, Santa hours will be Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 20-23, Santa will available 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and on Dec. 24 the hours will be 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Holiday Cookie Walk
Saturday, Dec 11 10:00a to 2:00pm. First Congregational United Church of Christ will hold their annual Holiday Cookie Walk on Saturday, December 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Enrichment Center, 7171 SW State Road 200. Members bake and beautifully decorate their favorite holiday cookies -- the choices are endless. Decorated bags are provided and customers choose their own cookies; $3.

CHRISTMAS LIGHT DISPLAYS

Residents of the Stonewood subdivision in southeast Ocala have worked together for 30 years to brighten the holidays with a variety of outdoor Christmas decorations and a traditional luminary display.

Subdivision plans 30th annual holiday display

Star-Banner reveals the Homes of Christmas, all with fabulous light displays

So without further ado, here are the Star-Banner's annual 12 Homes of Christmas

Sparkling holiday season

This is a very cool Google map that will lead you to all the great lights! Has photos, descriptions and addresses. 

Click here:  CHRISTMAS LIGHTS MAP

Does anyone know how much it costs to have the pics with Santa at the downtown square?

It's free .. you supply the camera.  They also provide cookies and hot chocolate for the kiddos =0).  Get there before 7 because a line forms fast, especially with this being the last night they're doing it.  The ferris wheel is open also, so if you time it right, you can visit Santa then ride the Ferris Wheel.  It's only $2 a person. 

Emmalyn's Mommy said:

Does anyone know how much it costs to have the pics with Santa at the downtown square?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ocalamom Webmaster.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service