I am planning to relocate to Ocala for a job opportunity in late April of this year. It is going to be a big move for me as I have lived in the same town in Georgia all of my 42 yrs. I am a single mom and I have a 10 yr old son that will be making the move with me. I have tried to do some research into the schools in the area but really want some personal feedback from residents in the area. My son is in a really good school system now and needs a good school that will challenge him as he gets bored very easily. I am hoping to put him in the public school system as I don't know if I can afford a private school right off. Also, what are some good areas to rent that are safe and family orientated. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Marie! He has been tested twice and has made 98 and 99's on the math and reading sections but has fallen a little short on the creativity section. He is a very creative child but just can't seem to be when forced on a test. I am going to his school tomorrow and see if I can get copies of all of that. Thanks so much for the school and rental info. I will certainly give her a call tomorrow and see if I can meet with her when I come to town next week. I appreciate your help very much!

Marie LaRocco said:

Hi Tammy. Has your son been tested for gifted? As this does aid in gettin into NH Jones.. Great school. I have a condo on 24 th rd. My daughter went to south Ocala elementary school. I love the school very much. Their gifted program is wonderful and they have an enrichments program my daughter loves. One of my very best friends is a realtpr very close to your work. Stacy Alpizar she does rentals. 352 812 2807... Good luck

Wow, seeing the words "job opportunity" and "Ocala" in the same sentence was amazing, ha,ha,ha. Anyway, I prefer the SE side of town.  It is quieter, yet close to everything, and pretty much the safest area in Ocala. You are not going to find a good school system in FL, however, if your kids are young enough, you can work with them at home.  I know many times people move to FL and they are a couple years ahead of the grades here.  We also have the best of the best in town as far as public schools go as well.

Both my kids were incredibly bored when they first started school.  I literally had to have their teachers in elementary school give them extra work, so that might be something to think about too.

Thanks so much Pat! 

Pat Carter said:

Wow, seeing the words "job opportunity" and "Ocala" in the same sentence was amazing, ha,ha,ha. Anyway, I prefer the SE side of town.  It is quieter, yet close to everything, and pretty much the safest area in Ocala. You are not going to find a good school system in FL, however, if your kids are young enough, you can work with them at home.  I know many times people move to FL and they are a couple years ahead of the grades here.  We also have the best of the best in town as far as public schools go as well.

Both my kids were incredibly bored when they first started school.  I literally had to have their teachers in elementary school give them extra work, so that might be something to think about too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ocalamom Webmaster.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service